Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another Side to Punk

So I got to thinking, there are a lot of good side-projects that come out of punk bands. Punk is such a basic genre that often times members will get bored and explore other mediums to create a message through. Now with this being the heaviest week (assignment wise) I decided to post a bonus disc for you folks full of side projects of punk bands and a few that for whatever reason I just couldn't work into the mixture of bands (cause I sure as heck ain't getting that Christian list out within the next two weeks).

Being as I started off the playlist with Bad Religion I have decided to use Greg Graffin to start off each section of this bonus disc. Greg Graffin will head of Folk/Acoustic, American Lesion will head off bands that have been formed with members of other punk bands and an acoustic version of a Bad Religion song to head off punk bands that didn't make the cut. (And just for the record, I know Mike Park is actually from the Ska scene, but I've given them enough credit in this list to let one of them in)

MLG Punk: Bonus Disc
1. Greg Graffin (Bad Religion) - Little Sadie
2. Dustin Kensrue (Thrice) - I Knew You Before
3. Mike Park (Skankin' Pickle, The Chinkees, The Bruce Lee Band) - I'm Supposed to Be There Too
4. Nikola Sarcevic (Millencolin) - Love Trap
5. Justin Sane (Anti-Flag) - Cassette Deck, Road Trip, Grand Canyon
6. Joey Cape (Lagwagon) - Violins
7. Bad Astronaut (Lagwagon) - The "F" Word
8. American Lesion (Bad Religion) - In The Mirror
9. Matthew Thiessen (Relient K) - The Calendar, The Energy (If This Is You then Woe Is Me)
10. Anthony Green (Zolof The Rock and Roll Destroyer, Saosin, Circa Survive, The Sounds of Animal Fighting) - I've Been Dying to Reach You
11. Saint Alvia Cartel (Boys Night Out, Jersey) - Don't Wanna Wait Forever
12. Tim Armstrong (Rancid) - Into Action
13. The Network (Green Day) - Transistors Gone Wild
14. Daredevils (Bad Religion) - Hate You
15. Boxcar Racer (Blink 182, Hazen Street) - Watch The World
16. Bad Religion - Sorrow
17. Craig's Brother - epissdumbology
18. Cauterize - My Everything
19. Sherwood - Middle of the Night
20. Zolof The Rock and Roll Destroyer - Death or Radio
21. The F-Ups - I Don't Know
22. Propagandhi - Cut Into the Earth
23. F*cked Up - Magic Word

Download The Playlist Here ---> Mediafire

5 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what you come up with for
    christian punk (is anberlin considered punk? and was mae a christian band at one point? mae would have been great on the folksy punk list!)
    ~stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, once i get all my essays out of the way I'll get on that... also, It's just christian music... not necessarily christian punk

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, a typical blog for who just love music, and its one of my passion and thank you for posting about so many things and loved all your posts...
    Work From Home India

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, i think yu have an interesting blog with so many interests - just in music alone, you evolve also in playing diff instruments. also the comments on theological stuffs. theological should always have a lighter touch to me.

    http://gforce-guru.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am really very impresses to read this post.I think yu have an interesting blog with so many interests There are a lot of good side-projects that come out of punk bands. Thanks for it.noleggio monitor

    ReplyDelete